The City of Hamilton Animal Services Staff care about the pets in our community and we are proud to announce our new partnership with www.helpinglostpets.com.
This new website will replace our existing On-line Animal Lost & Found system.
Staff will be posting found animals in the shelter on both the Helping Lost Pets and PetLynx websites from:
Monday, June 11, 2012 to Saturday, June 30, 2012.
As of July 1, 2012, Animal Services will only be posting on the Helping Lost Pets Website.
We are introducing this new technology in efforts to increase the pet recovery rate in our community. All pets that are found as strays by Animal Services will be posted on this system as Found animals within a few hours of the animal entering our database. All residents and businesses in the community can use this system to post FREElost or found reports.
You can pre-register with the site and set up and add your pet information with a picture, any medical information and care instructions just in case your pet goes missing.
Users can subscribe to receive automatic notifications of pets lost or found in their area. While searching for their lost pet in the community they may be able to help another owner find their pet.
This website is user friendly and has many capabilities, such as FREE lost & found posters, map-based searches, pre-registration for pets and owners, and connections to animal related organizations and businesses – just to name a few.
What does Helping Lost Pets allow me to do?
- Post FREE Lost & Found reports
- Automatically search stray animals in our shelter and in the community
- Print FREE Lost & Found posters
- Automatically receive e-mails of potential pet matches
- Register yourself and your pets for FREE on Helping Lost Pets to be ready just in case your pet goes missing
- Upload a picture of your pet
- Easily update your profile and provide care instructions for your pet
- Connects members in a community to help search for missing pets