Date(s) - 15/06/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
GRAND DURAND GARDEN TOUR 2019
Saturday, June 15, 2019 from 10am to 4pm
All previous tours to this fabulous event have sold out! Do not be disappointed. Make sure to get your tickets early.
To purchase your ticket now, click here.
“Hidden Gardens of Hamilton’s Historic Southwest”
The Grand Durand Garden Tour 2019 offers glimpses into 11 private gardens of a historic neighbourhood long celebrated for its character and charm. This year’s tour revisits some old favourites and introduces many new gardens. Discover useful insights into planning and planting small and large urban courtyards. This tour will delight anyone who loves heritage, horticultural and architectural elements of urban garden design.
This self-directed tour comes with a map and garden guide and includes descriptions of our featured gardens. Included in your ticket is a Summer Cream Tea and live music by the Hamilton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra at Central Presbyterian Church, our Host Venue. While there, please take the time to tour the beautifully landscaped front and side gardens. Also as a special treat, we are featuring St Mark’s which is being restored as an educational, community and event space. Here you can view the landscape plans for the designated open space. The Durand Neighbourhood Association and our community will be maintaining these gardens once planted.
BONUS- The first 250 guests to visit St Mark’s will receive a gift bag as a token of our thanks for your support of the Grand Durand Garden Tour and the Durand Neighbourhood Association.
TICKETS ALSO AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING OUTLETS
Tickets on sale May 1, 2019
- King W. Books-Mixed Media – 1060 King St. W. 905 527-2442
- Essentials Spa – 12 Duke St. 905 529-5559
- Durand Coffee – 142 Charlton Ave. W. 905 393-9150
- Lulu & Lavigne Home Studio – 228 Locke St. S. 905 522-2627
- The Painted Bench – 208 Ottawa St. N. 289 389-9281
- The Keeping Room – 6 Cross St. 905 627-5880
- The Oyster – 460 Pearl St. 905 632-4199 (Shop closed until May 31st)
Committee – GRAND DURAND GARDEN TOUR 2019
- Chris Redmond and Janice Brown – Co-Chairs
- Adele Pierre – Summer Cream Tea and Music
- Anne Tennier – Tickets
- Roberta Harman – Garden Descriptions
- Michelle Tom and Bianca Caramento – Volunteers
Sponsors – GRAND DURAND GARDEN TOUR 2019